Wow… incredible video. December 14, 2011Posted by Ian in Uncategorized.
Youtube has a lot of crap on it but it’s worth it when you get the chance to see things like this. I’ve always been a fan of Billy Connolly but this video just blew me away in a way that I haven’t experienced in a long time. The video is Connolly’s wife (a psychologist) interviewing him about some fairly profound things. I find myself relating deeply to his way of thinking and yet at the same time thinking how utterly different his upbringing and life experiences have been to mine.
Highlights for me:
- Freedom from class barriers is in a library
- There isn’t good or bad, there’s just stuff you don’t get
- Not having ideas, they just appear (end of video 3, start of video 4)
- “If people concentrated more on how, and never mind why, we’d be in such better shape”
- The fantastic interplay between the two – it’s the perfect melding of professional/client, husband/wife, and talker/facilitator